UMCMA Campus Ministry Connection Network
Promoting and supporting campus ministry throughout the United Methodist Connection
The UMCMA is currently developing a Campus Ministry Connection Network. The Network will assist campus ministers responding to issues on any level of the United Methodist connection. Whether it's at the local setting, annual conference, jurisdictional, or general conference level, the UMCMA Network will offer assistance, advice and possibly a response from the Coordinating Committee to help campus ministers advocate for themselves and their campus ministry.
Each jurisdiction will have two or three person contact persons. They will make up the Network Team that will discern which issues and concerns affect campus ministry in the annual conference and locally. When the Network Team is contacted, they will develop a strategic response, get the response endorsed by the UMCMA Coordinating Committee and assist in response implementation.
*UMCMA hopes every campus minister and ministry setting will:*
*UMCMA hopes by the end of Fall 2014 to have the Network in place. We are seeking advocates in each jurisdiction to help with this network. The responsibilities for the Network advocates will:*
1. Make regular contact, preferably monthly, with a campus minister (UMCMA member) in each annual conference to:
2. Agree to have their name published on the UMCMA web-site and other publications as a contact on advocacy.
3. Advocate must be a voting member of UMCMA.
4. The advocate will regularly share information and collaborate on the closed Network Facebook group (this group will be open to only the Alert Network advocates).
*When someone contacts the Network through the advocates or on the web site, we will follow a simple response procedure:*
1. Both Advocacy Chair and Co-Com Chairs informed
2. Advocacy Chair calls together task force to brainstorm response
3. Co-Com will then receive, revise and endorse a response
4. Response is made
5. Advocacy Chair informs the initiator of the alert the nature of UMCMA's response
6. All alerts will be tracked and reported to Co-Com, who will then determine what will be reported to UMCMA membership
7. Notify GBHEM staff when appropriate and with permission from the initiator
For more information about the network or to become an advocate, please contact Narcie Jeter at firstname.lastname@example.org.