Joining the UMCMA
Our association is only as strong as our members so we encourage you to consider becoming a member of the UMCMA. Our shared voices speak loudly.
How You Can Help the UMCMA:
Resource Development: Developing resources for campus ministry that can be shared with other individuals. Could include sending in articles for the UMCMA web site.
Membership Recruitment: Working to spread the word about UMCMA in order to recruit new members. Could include sending emails to other campus ministry colleagues or supporters in your Annual Conference or region.
Networking: Join the UMCMA Facebook group and Facebook page and follow UMCMA on Twitter. Actively post pertinent campus ministry information, resources, and updates and invite people to be a part of these two networks.
Advocacy: Communicate important and relevant advocacy concerns to those in your area, strengthening our relationships, connection and voice in pertinent matters facing campus ministry.
General Conference Support: Helping to prepare legislation, working as lobbyist and being present to serve (April/May 2012 in Tampa, Florida).
Fundraising: Helping to raise support and awareness of the needs of campus ministry and helping to facilitate a stable, effective and vibrant organizational structure.
How the UMCMA Can Help You:
- Advise the GBHEM on behalf of all of our members
- Organize and host biennial gatherings to educate and strengthen our connection
- Facilitate the sharing of information and ministry resources
- Connect you with other United Methodist Campus Ministries
- Advocate for Campus Ministry at all levels of the Church
- Draft and promote legislation for General Conference